We rely on volunteers to help run the shelter. During the season, we need volunteers:
Each day to:
- Staff the shelter from 5:45 pm to midnight each day (trained position for adults – , email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Volunteer Training will take place on Thur, 10/24 and Thur, 11/7 at 6:30 PM at the shelter. Attendance at one of these sessions is mandatory for new volunteers).
- Prepare and deliver a hot dinner for 14 people.
- Deliver bag lunches for 12 people.
Each week to:
- Buy groceries, supplies, and cleaning materials.
- Take laundry to laundromat and return to the shelter.
- Sharing their expertise with residents.
- Organizing fundraising opportunities.
- Donating coats, socks, heavy clothing.
- Writing grants.
Sign-ups are now open for the following opportunities:
1. Staff Volunteer – These volunteers serve alongside professional staff from 5:45 pm-midnight every night of the week and from 11:59 pm-8am (overnight) on Friday and Saturday nights. Sign up here to select your staff volunteer shifts. https://signup.com/go/KiDkVMG
2. Grocery Giver – These volunteers provide/shop for/deliver a week’s worth of groceries and supplies. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/
3. Bag Lunch Provider – These volunteers make and deliver 12 bagged lunches. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/
Please email email@example.com with questions.
Thank you for your support of the shelter!