Thank you for visiting our Volunteer Page!
We currently need volunteers to help provide food support for the Fairfax County Region 2 Hypothermia Prevention Program run by New Hope Housing.
This year, due to COVID-19 and CDC guidelines, the shelter is being operated at the Lincolnia Senior Center near the Landmark Mall in Alexandria, VA. We need help providing breakfast bags, lunch bags, and hot dinner meals – 7 days a week, from now until 3/31/21. This is what what is needed:
- Dinner (to serve 50-60): casserole type dishes are best (where all the meat, veggies, etc. are served together – will be a hot meal and will be dropped off around 5:45pm on the day of
- Lunch bags (30 count): including PB&J sandwich or tuna meal kit, 2-3 non-perishable snacks (chips, cookies, crackers, etc.) and a drink; packaged in a brown paper bag with type of sandwich and date on outside – to be dropped off at the site no later than 11:30am the morning of
- Breakfast bags (50 count): including 3-4 nonperishable food items (granola bar, fruit cup, individual cereal, etc.) and a drink (water or juice); packaged in a gallon size bag or brown bag – to be dropped the day before or no later than 7:30am the morning of
If you are interested in helping in this way, please indicate your interest by signing up at the following links. This does not commit you but we will reach out to you with more information and to share available dates. You may then say if you wish to volunteer in this way.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Falls Church Community Service Council’s Food Pantry
All donations are appreciated but the items we need most urgently are below.
Note: Low-sodium and no-sugar-added items are always appreciated!
- Applesauce and other canned fruits
(NO fruit packs/cups or pie filling)
- Breakfast cereals
- Dish liquid
- Disinfecting cleaners
- Dried beans
- Feminine supplies
- Fruit jam
- Hand sanitizer
- Instant coffee, 10 oz
- Laundry detergent
- Maseca (yellow corn flour)
- Mayo, small jars
- Pancake mix & syrup
- Paper towels (single rolls or 2-packs)
- Pasta sauces (up to 32 oz)
- Refried beans (16 oz)
- Rice, 1-2# bags
- Snack bars & healthy snacks
- Soap (bar or liquid)
- Stews or meals in a can
- Sugar, 1-2# packages
- Tea (small boxes)
- Toilet tissue (small packages or single rolls)
- Tomato soup
- Toothpaste & brushes
- Tuna/canned seafoods
- UHT (shelf-stable) milk: low fat and whole
- Vegetable oil, 24 oz
Please do not donate expired or opened items. They cannot be used.
the Families of Homestretch
Thank you for your support of the shelter!